This year, the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes landed on a 12 of 12 day! So you’re getting both at once today!
The walk was great, with gorgeous weather and an amazing turnout! My husband and daughter and I were very proud to be a part of it! Together, we were able to raise just over $2,800, bringing our 4-year total to almost $9,800! We are blessed with very generous friends and family and we thank everyone who supported us through donations to this important cause!
And now…on with the 12.
12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
1. Me and The Kid, ready to go!
2. Opening ceremonies at the Lyric Theatre at Assiniboine Park. It’s hard to tell by the picture, but the crowd is actually doing a group warm-up.
3. With so many kids in the group, this couple really caught my eye. I wondered if they were just park-goers who happened to get caught up in the wave of JDRF walkers, but they were actually there for the walk. Early on they were given the option to walk a shorter route (instead of the 5km or 7km option the rest of us were given). I didn’t see what they decided to do. Either way, I’m impressed.
4. This gives you some idea of how many people were walking, but keep in mind that we were approximately in the middle of the group, so there were about this many behind us too. The guy on the very right edge of the picture in the hat and sunglasses is my walking partner (and husband).
5. When the walk was over, we were treated to lunch and entertainment by these guys. They were actually quite good – especially when they rocked a Tragically Hip song.
6. Bouncy castle – prairie style.
7. One of the incentive prizes we got. It’s insulated, so I’m assuming it’s a drink cooler. Could come in handy…
8. Most massive jewellry snarl ever. Scissors were required, unfortunately.
9. My new deck chair from Canadian Tire. It’s so comfy!
10. Did a quick bit of garden-planting in the late afternoon. Anyone know what kind of seeds these are? (Hint: They’re asparagus seeds.)
11. Pork roast on the BBQ for supper. I love summer!
12. Me…ready to post my 12 of 12 at our very messy desk. (Say “hi” to Dwight Schrute!) And that brings you up to now! :)