It’s that time again! Welcome to this month’s 12 of 12!
12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
Today my daughter was sick. Sick enough to be too contagious for daycare, but not sick enough to feel very bad… Wait a second. This is how I started my April 12 of 12! Oddly it applies again today. It was another kid-sick-day, so more boring home pics, sorry. (Note to self: Don’t plan anything for the 12th of any month as it is apparently monthly kid-sick day.)
To give you a bit of context…I started this morning with 3.5 hours of sleep and a night of terrible (high) bloodsugar (read: tired and dehydrated). Keep that in mind as it kind of explains a lot of the pictures.
1. My waking bloodsugar. Ew. (That’s a 167 mg/dl, folks.) And that was better than any of my nighttime readings. Blech.
2. Tried to give The Kid some of this but she wasn’t fooled when I called it “juice”. I don’t blame her. The stuff tastes terrible!
3. Made scrambled eggs for lunch. Forgot about them on the stove. They turned brown. I hate brown scrambled eggs.
4. Today’s kid-sick day threw a monkey wrench (or, rather, a gorilla jackhammer) into my work and personal life as both are currently very busy. No time for sick! So I did some hard-core list making this afternoon to figure out how to work around it. (Note that I’m not going to Motherhood Maternity for myself. I promise.) My favourite list item is the last one. I hope I get to it.
5. Peppermint tea. Cures what ails you.
6. We got this cute little rocking horse at a garage sale for $15 last weekend. One stirrup is broken, but otherwise it’s in mint condition! Neigh!
7. The cleaning lady came today. I love how she does this with all the TP rolls. 🙂
8. This is the logo on my favourite yoga pants. (Read: favourite doing-anything-and-everything-in-them pants.) I have a pair of Lulus that I bought for almost $100. These are from Superstore for $20 or $25 and have lasted much longer. No more Lulus for me, unless someone else wants to pay for them!
9. A while ago I made a snowman for The Kid out of Play-Doh, and now that’s all she wants me to make. Here’s a blue Play-Doh snow-family. The snow-baby was manipulated a bit by some toddler fingers. (This Play-Doh is homemade by my mother-in-law. It’s WAY better than the bought stuff.)
10. The Peppermint tea didn’t cure what ailed me, so I moved on to this.
11. Just bought this app today. It looks pretty good!
12. Our new toy. Although my husband has had it in Las Vegas with him all week, so I’ve barely had a chance to play with it. He’ll be home shortly, though, and then I can have my turn.
And now I’m going to bed!