My schedule’s all wacky lately, meaning that my blog-writing times are somehow missing, so I’m not keeping up very well. As a result, in lieu of a nice cohesive post, here’s some random ramblings.
1. I just bought an iPhone 4! Yay! It’s my first iPhone and I’m very excited. I was using a Blackberry Pearl and was pretty ready to get rid of that. (See also: crappy rollerball, connectivity problems, and condensed keypad.) That said, I have yet to figure out how to get my calendar to sync from Outlook on my home PC, so I’m feeling a little lost right now. At least I have the weekend to figure it out. Oh, and I seriously need a case for it before my toddler gets her little hands on it!
2. I also just bought a latté. It was supposed to be a grande decaf soy latté with sugar-free caramel from Starbucks, but I don’t think that’s actually what it is. It’s my usual order (usual = once every 2 weeks or so), so I know what it’s supposed to taste like and this isn’t it. I think they put cinnamon syrup in instead. It’s still good, but not what I wanted. Hopefully they didn’t accidentally put non-sugar-free cinnamon in or I’m going to have an issue in a bit. I thought of taking it back since I paid almost $6 for it (over $6 if you include tip), and for that price I deserve to get what I asked for…but I hate being the person who says, “This doesn’t taste right.” I don’t want to make the barista feel bad – especially if other customers are listening. Is that crazy? Should I have gone back?
3. Last night my CGMS woke me up ever 2 hours to tell me that my bloodsugar was high. Because I love sleep and hate being woken up, this made me a little grumpy. It also makes me a little grumpy that this has been a trend lately (the nighttime highs, not the grumpiness). Not sure what’s going on.
4. Also last night, I woke up with searing pain at my infusion site that resulted in a middle-of-the-night infusion set change. Perhaps the searing pain explains #3 above. (See also: bad site.)
5. I’ve actually been having a lot of site frustrations lately. My infusion sites seem to go bad quickly, or end up painful and my sensor sites are hit-and-miss. With respect to the former, I think I’m hitting muscle in my leg from time to time. Or scar tissue. I must have a lot of scar tissue by now. Yuck. With respect to the latter, I think I’m finally concluding that it’s just the extra flesh around my middle that I acquired during my significant weight gain during my pregnancy. (See also: 50 lbs.)
6. My D-motivation lately is shit. That’s all I have to say about that.
7. Go GSP!