It’s that time again! Welcome to this month’s 12 of 12!
12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
Today my daughter was sick. Sick enough to be too contagious for daycare, but not sick enough to feel very bad…so we actually had a pretty fun day at home! In terms of 12 of 12, this means that you have been spared the monotony of office pictures again, but it also means that you’re getting kid-related pics again. I’m not sure whether to say I’m sorry or you’re welcome. 🙂
1. Let’s just dive right into my geekiness. This is my diabetes management spreadsheet…otherwise known as The Log. As I mentioned in my last post, I’m doing some serious logging right now for this week’s endo appointment. The morning started with an update to The Log, and a pretty decent bloodsugar, if I do say so myself! (For those of you who are interested, take a look at my teenie basals.) I’m definitely nerdy, but I sometimes think that’s a very good quality when paired with diabetes.
2. Mmmm….coffee. I don’t have coffee every morning, but I sure enjoy it when I do. This fancy mug is courtesy of my mother-in-law. She got us a set of 4 for Christmas!
3. I’m going to a course for work next week that’s about communication. In advance of the course, we are to complete this quiz. I did it while the kid was still sleeping this morning.
4. This is Murphy. Those are Cheerios. Murphy desperately wants to eat the Cheerios, as evidenced by his perked ears. But Murphy is a good boy and knows that the kid’s food is not his food…until it hits the floor. So he’s waiting.
5. This is my insulin pump on it’s CGMS (Continuous Glucose Monitoring System) screen. Looks a bit unstable, not to mention a bit high, doesn’t it? The thing is, I was in the 4s all morning – nowhere near 9!. (You U.S. folks can multiply by 18 to convert.) Damn inaccurate CGMS…. On the upside, it seems to be working now. Damn inconsistent CGMS….
6. Because the kid wasn’t feeling too bad, I put her in the stroller, put a leash on the dog, and took the two of them for a walk. This is one of the sites we saw on our walk. The ice isn’t off the lakes yet, although I don’t really think the “thinness” of said ice necessitates a sign anymore.
7. Tiny juice for tiny hands!
8. Best. Mixed. Nuts. Ever. Yay Costco! (I’m not sure I understand “extra fancy”, though. Ooh la la!)
9. Nap time for the kid means work time for Mommy.
10. This magazine was sent to me for some reason – likely as part of some baby program I signed up for once. Notice, though, that it actually wasn’t sent to me. It was sent to Bathany Rose.
11. We recently taught the kid to fist-bump. Here’s her giving Daddy a fist-bump at the supper table.
12. Murphy loves yogurt, so he gets to lick out the containers when they’re empty (or when they have just a little bit left). My husband stuck this one right onto his snout. Murphy was quite pleased…albeit a bit messy afterwards.
That’s it for my April 12!