12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
Yesterday my husband and my daugheter and my dog and I all loaded up into the van in the morning and took a trip out to Nana and Grandpa’s house (i.e. my parents) in a nearby town. Here are the pictures….
1. The kid was being picky at breakfast today. (As it turned out, she was picky all day, didn’t want any supper, and then developed a fever, so I guess we’re starting a new virus here. Fun.) Cereal #1 was a failure. Cereal #2 was a failure. Thankfully peanut butter toast was a moderate success.
2. My bloodsugar has been low all week. Well, low during the days, high during the nights. So I’ve been seeing a lot of this pantry these days. When I’m low, I tend to flip on the light in here, and stand in the entrance staring at all of this and trying to find something that will fix my hypo, but also that will be a fun treat to eat. I went low in the morning before we left the house, so I did the pantry-search yet again.
3. On the road to Nana and Grandpa’s house. It was actually not very cold (just around freezing), but the snow was blowing around a fair bit and the highways were a bit slick. It’s pretty common around here to see a snowmobiler riding in the ditch beside the highway.
4. My mom doesn’t bake much but she does like to feed us goodies when we come over. This HUGE store-bought Valentine’s cookie was delicious. I’ve been trying to avoid sweets like this lately, but as I said, my bloodsugar’s been low a lot. Plus everyone needs a treat from time to time, right?
5. This bush is right under my parents’ eavestrough and has apparently been collecting icicles in the warmer weather. I thought it was pretty, so I snapped a pic.
6. Since it was relatively warm out, we decided to take the kid and the dog for a walk. There’s nothing much cuter than a toddler dressed up in winter wear! (This was before we realized she was getting sick.)
7. We’ve had a LOT of snow this year. This picture shows some of the big snow piles at the end of the yards, but it really doesn’t do it justice. On our street the City has had to move snow off of the yards a few times because there’s just no more room to pile up street snow and driveway snow! That will likely spell flooding for spring, unfortunately.
8. These two little guys are some of my elementary school art projects. The one in the front is a golfer and the one in the back is a farmer. I think my brother made the rock. The dinosaur tail you see sticking in from the corner is also his. He used to love those dino skeleton puzzles!
9. My dad has a very cool flight simulator on his computer, and has the whole set-up for it with multiple screens, yoke, foot paddles, etc. Here’s my hubby taking a little trip on it.
10. When we got home and got the little one into bed, we did a bit of catching up on our PVR’ed shows from the week. Yeah, yeah, I know Chuck is pure cheese, but for some reason we still watch it.
11. This past week I picked up some stuff for my mom at the Clinique Counter and they gave me some free samples. She didn’t want all of them, so I got them! Yay free stuff!
12. I was freezing before bed, so this little hot water bottle came to bed with me. Mmmm….toasty!
That’s all for February!