Today seems like a good day for a list of unrelated stuff!
1. When people talk about the “terrible twos”, I think they’re just giving you a ballpark figure. My daughter is 18 months old, and we’re right into the “I want that”, “I want it NOW”, “I want it MY way”, and general temper tantrum phase. It’s a challenge. And for some reason it seems focused around food. She either wants to eat when she shouldn’t (i.e. right before dinner) or she doesn’t want to eat when she should (i.e. dinner), or she doesn’t want to eat what we want her to eat. I’m looking forward to the time when dinner is relaxing again. Anyway…enough about that. I still love her to pieces, especially now that she’s learning to say “I love you”…or rather “A la lou”.
2. I keep wanting to post a list of search terms that people are using to find me. Other bloggers do that and I always find it entertaining, but I’m worried mine won’t be entertaining. By looking at my stats, I’ve realized that most people seem to find me by doing retinopathy-related searches. So most of my search terms are a bit sad and/or worrisome. But I’m really really glad that these people are finding Me With D, and I really really hope my stories about retinopathy are bringing them some comfort. I also really really hope they’re coming back to visit Me With D again!
3. I’m really missing yoga these days, but really frustrated that I can’t do inverted poses (because of the retinopathy). So I haven’t been doing it. But I really need to do it, because of all my aches and pains, and the stress that’s making my blood pressure spike from time to time. Sooo…..this past week I saw a physiotherapist who is also a yoga instructor, and she’s going to design a yoga program just for me! Yay! I’ll tell you more after my follow-up appointment with her this week!
4. I think it’s a little bit too bad that Diabetes Awareness Month is November. It used to be just fine, but now that Movember is here, I think we’re a bit dwarfed. Don’t get me wrong – I fully support Movember. I think Prostate Cancer Awareness is a great cause, and I’m thrilled to see the support for it out there. I just don’t want to share a month with it. Maybe nobody would notice if we scootched over to October for next year….?
5. One of these days I’m going to post about diabetes and anxiety. I’ve promised this topic in the past, and I still haven’t gotten to it. It’s a bit of a big subject for me, so the thought of posting about it is a bit daunting, but I think it’s important to talk about. Soon. I will. Really.
And there’s my disjointed and unrelated five things. 🙂 Ta da!