12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
And now, on to the pictures!
1. Last weekend, my wonderful husband went grocery shopping on my behalf! (Usually it’s my job.) And when he came home, he had three bunches of these beautiful lillies for me! I’m so lucky! 🙂 This weekend (Friday) was our 5th wedding anniversary, and the flowers are still looking pretty good! They weren’t meant as “anniversary flowers” but they’ve sort of morphed into that.
2. On Thursday I bought a suit – or at least I thought it was a suit. I bought pants, a skirt, and a blazer. But when I got them home I realized that the pants actually weren’t exactly the same as the skirt and blazer. So I’ve been stewing about whether it’s a close enough match to keep them. In the picture above, the blazer is on the left, the skirt is on the right, and the pants are at the bottom. In the end I decided they were close enough to keep them. (The lighting above isn’t exactly true to life.)
3. My mother-in-law was visiting this weekend and brought a new puzzle for my daughter! That reminded me that we actually had some other puzzles for her that my friend had given us when she was first born, so I pulled those out too. She loved them! In the picture above, the farm puzzle is from Grandma and the animal one is from Auntie Mimi.
4. (I just noticed there’s a “4” in the picture! What a coincidence!) Last month I gave you a picture of shoes and a picture of baby feet. This month it’s baby shoes! I just love these 🙂
5. Our apple trees have been exceptionally fruitful (literally) this year, so we decided to freeze a bunch of them for apple crisps, applesauce, etc. This is the 2nd batch already, and it went much faster than the first, because this time my husband did all the peeling for me!
6. This afternoon I went on a major shopping trip for fall/winter work clothes. Last winter I was on mat leave and the winter before that I was wearing maternity clothes, so I was in desperate need of an upgrade. Plus, I’m about 3-4 sizes smaller now than I was before I got pregnant, so I really had virtually nothing for fall/winter. After last week’s trip to RW&Co. and today’s trip to Mexx and Smart Set, I think I’m good to go! And now I can wear my new clothes to go to work and earn enough money to pay off the credit card bill from this week…
7. My dog Murphy. Just because he’s so handsome. 🙂
8. Since the weather was nice today, and since my mother-in-law was over, we decided to BBQ steak for supper. Mmm….steak! In case any of you are wondering, my daughter does not eat a whole steak by herself. It’s just that none of us are willing to share ours with her, so we need to get her a separate one!
9. Here’s the finished product, along with some boiled baby potatoes and some steamed broccoli! (That’s 25g of carbs!) There’s also a small glass of red wine there, but it didn’t fit in the picture.
10. After supper I washed my new clothes. (Or at least the ones that weren’t dry clean only. Don’t you hate dry clean only?! Ugh!) Because I’m relatively short (5’5″), I typically need to get all my new pants hemmed before I can wear them, so I wanted to make sure to wash them first so they would do any shrinking that they’re going to do before I get them hemmed rather than after.
11. This is my work bag, all ready to go for tomorrow! I finally bit the bullet and bought a Lug bag..and I love it! They really are as good as everyone says! The other bag is all of my new pants ready to go to the tailor’s for hemming – as long as the two remaining pairs that were washed tonight are dry by the time I leave tomorrow morning!
12. I got this ring from my husband 5 years ago! Yesterday we went on an anniversary date, and before we went I realized how dirty the diamond had become, so I gave it a good cleaning. I had forgotten how sparkly it is when it’s clean! Obviously the photo doesn’t do it justice. Strangely, the location that is best for the sparkle-factor is in the elevator at work. I’ll have to be sure to admire it tomorrow morning. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed September’s 12 of 12!