12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month. I like blogging and I like taking pictures, so I like 12 of 12!
And now, with that out of the way, here is my 12 of 12 for August! (You can find my July 12 of 12 here.)
1. This is my crocodile staple remover. He makes removing staples fun! I purchased him while in Ottawa, Ontario. I can’t remember the name of the store, but I was with Aaron and Heather at the time. You probably don’t know either of them.
2. I had to get a coffee to get the day started in spite of the fact that I am not a daily coffee drinker. In fact, this coffee is 3/4 decaf (I just don’t handle caffeine well), and 1/4 Irish Cream flavoured coffee. (Or was it 1/4 Irish Cream…?)
3. I bought these shoes on our trip to Ohio in May. I love them, and I think they make skirts and dressy shorts look fan-damn-tastic. That said, they just aren’t made for walking in. At least not walking any great distances. But, as you can see, they work very well for sitting and putting my feet up. (Not something I’m normally in the habit of doing at work – I swear!)
4. This salad was so good! It consisted of spinach from my garden (!!), a hard-boiled egg, a sliced mushroom, sliced strawberries, Ready-Crisp bacon (easily prepared at work) and my own creamy mustardy dressing concoction. I just realized, though, that I forgot to add pecans!! It’s better with pecans! It’s not the fanciest presentation in my Rubbermaid dish, but it tasted delicious!
5. At lunch I went shopping for new glasses! I’ve had my current pair for about 5 years now so it was time for a change. These are the new specs. I’m cheating in this picture by having my husband (who you can kind of see in the mirror behind me) take it instead of me, but I’m putting it in anyway.
6. Grimard Optical. This is where I purchased my new glasses.
7. This is my handsome husband who so kindly offered to come help me pick new glasses. He also held my camera while I tried on frames and then posed for this picture on the way out! Such a nice guy! 🙂
8. These are my more comfortable shoes. I opted to wear them for the walk to the store instead of the not-made-for-walking-in pumps.
9. The parkade I park in for work uses animals on posts to help you remember where you parked. I generally park in the angry owl section.
10. My favourite kind of feet are baby feet! I love them! I could eat them…nom nom nom….!
11. My daughter left her giraffe to look out the window. I think he seems rather wistful. Maybe he’s hoping for some giraffe buddies to come up the walk.
12. Since I (not so) secretly wish I was a dancer, I am addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. I had PVR’ed the performance finale and managed to watch it before the results show. This is Pasha and Lauren (and Lauren’s teenie outfit). This season is over now, but So You Think You Can Dance Canada is just beginning! Yay!
And that’s it for this month’s 12 of 12!