Yesterday was a very exciting day here at Me With D! It was the day that Me With D reached 5,000 hits! Woo hoo! I’m thrilled!
As I was celebrating this success with a swig of cough syrup and a Kleenex box (I’m still sick), I thought about what other things I might like to have 5,000 of. Truth be told, I had a lot of trouble coming up with anything! Here’s a few things that made, or almost made, my list.
- Dollars. Obviously. Who wouldn’t want $5,000?!
- Diamonds or other gems or precious metals. Yeah, this kind of fits into the same category as #1. Let’s just assume all those little things that are worth a lot of money are on this list and not make individual list items for each of them. We can also assume that “houses”, “boats”, “cars”, etc. fall into this category. And forget about “wishes”…this isn’t Aladdin.
- Pairs of shoes. But I don’t have anywhere to put 5,000 pairs of shoes, so this is actually far too impractical; therefore it doesn’t really make the list. The same goes for any other item of clothing. I’d love all that variety, but just can’t accommodate it space-wise.
- Flowers. I’d keep them in my backyard. But at least some of them would have to be small flowers, or they wouldn’t all fit. And that would be a lot of gardening to do….and I can’t afford to hire a gardener….so this is also a bit too impractical for my list.
- CGMS Sensors. With one condition: That I can throw out (or give away) the ones that will expire before I can use them. Otherwise I will have 500 boxes of 10 sensors each, and again, space becomes an issue. But oh the money it would save me…
- Grains of rice. Not that I crave this one or anything, but at least I could put it to use.
- Movies. BUT….they would have to be digital and organized in such a way that it’s easy to search for the one (or type) that I want. I don’t want 5,000 DVDs and I don’t want a loose collection of thumb drives with random movies on each one. Chaos! Ugh!
Yep, of all of the things I could have 5,000 of, blog hits rank right up there. 🙂
In all seriousness, I’m so happy that folks are enjoying Me With D! I love writing it, and I love hearing from you blog-readers, so keep the comments and emails coming! Also, a big thanks to Kerri at Six Until Me for the big boost back in April when she did me the honour of letting me write a guest post for her blog! And thanks to the Diabetes Online Community for being so welcoming! Yay!
Keep reading and I’ll keep it coming! Thanks again! XO