It’s been a rough week with a few different illnesses making their way through our little family, so today I’m memeing in the hopes that it will require less thought than writing a from-scratch blog post.
Here it is:
* * * 40 Things * * *
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Not really, no. The mold aspect kind of turns me off.
2. Have you ever smoked? Yes, but never habitually.
3. Do you own a gun? No. Not even a water gun.
4. Favorite type of food? I’m a sucker for baked goods. But on the healthy front, I really do like fruit!
5. Favorite type of music? I don’t know! I’m having a music crisis! I really like a wide variety of music, but I couldn’t tell you what my favourite type of music is. Currently I’m leaning toward female vocals, but that’s as specific as I can get.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I dislike them and won’t eat them. Yuck.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I don’t really have one. Is that bad?
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I love coffee, but I try to abstain, so let’s say peppermint tea.
9. Can you do push ups? Not very many, I’m sure. Not that I’ve tried in a while…
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement ring, followed by my 25th D-Anniversary ring (which I’ll blog about someday).
11. Favorite hobby? Reading, but I don’t get nearly enough time for it these days. I haven’t read a book in months. Second favourite would be photography, and blogging is making it’s way up there too!
12. Do you have A. D. D.? Uh, no.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Yes, but no. I should wear glasses, but ever since my retinal bleed about 13 months ago I haven’t wanted to wear them because the frames add to my already-cluttered peripheral vision. I don’t really need them, but I’m finding my eyes are straining at work now that I’m back from mat leave. Ask me again after next week’s optometrist appointment. 😛
14. Middle name? Lynn.
15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment: I hope my family quits being sick soon and that I don’t get this cold. (Was that two? Oh no, is this another one?) I’m hungry already. I need to finish making a grocery list.
16. Name three drinks you regularly drink: Water, tea….more water.
17. Current worry? The cycle of viruses that is trampling my little family.
18. Current hate right now? Viruses! Hate ’em! (Now I’m sounding like a broken record…ask me something that I can’t give a virus answer to.)
19. Favorite place to be? My house.
20. How did you bring in the new year? I slept through it. We had a 6-month-old – give me a break.
21. Someplace you’d like to go? Italy. I’d definitely abandon my low-carb diet for that trip!
22. Name three people who will complete this. Well, nobody, since I’m not tagging anyone.
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, but I haven’t worn them in over a year. They’re white and fluffy.
24. What color shirt are you wearing? Green. But do you really care?
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not in winter in Winnipeg. Too much static.
26. Can you whistle? No, and it frustrates me to no end!
27. Where are you now? In my livingroom that doubles as an “office” now that the kid lives in what used to be the office.
28. Would you be a pirate? No. I’d get seasick.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Usually I don’t, but every now and then if a particular song is in my head I might a bit. But in the car….whatever’s playing!
30. Favorite Girl’s Name? My daughter’s name. 🙂
31. Favorite boy’s name? Not telling…in case I need it sometime in the future. (Not the near future – don’t get any ideas!)
32. What is in your pocket right now? Nothing. These pants only have back pockets and what’s the point of back pockets? I don’t want to sit on the contents of my pockets!
33. Last thing that made you laugh? My little girl. Her giggle is completely contagious!
34. What vehicle do you drive? A silver VW Passat and a brownish Chevy Uplander.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I’ve been lucky (aside from the diabetes and retinopathy, of course). I guess the worst was when I got my forehead sliced open with a floor hockey stick in grade 4. It needed stitches, but it probably wasn’t as bad as it seemed at the time. I also had a snowmobile tubing accident a few years ago that left me with an impressive bruise on my hip and an inability to sit on a hard chair for a couple of weeks. That’s about it…
36. Do you love where you live? My house? Yes. My city? In summer, yes – in winter, no.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Four, but two almost never get used and one is junk.
38. How many computers do you have in your house? One.
39. If you changed your job, what would it be? I’d love to write full-time and actually get paid for it!
40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? I guess two of them are probably obvious – a funtioning pancreas and healthy eyes. I would also wish for ongoing health and happiness for my little girl.