As you may or may not recall, a couple of months ago my CGMS and I decided to take a break. (Well, I decided that we should take a break.)
Today that break ended.
A reconciliation has been on the horizon for a while now, but what finally pushed me to try was a simple expiry date…
I had been looking at my box of sensors and noting that there were three left and that they’re set to expire in two weeks, so I figured I might as well use them. (Yes, I realise that they probably will still be reasonably functional after the expiry date, but given the problems I’ve had with them in the past – the same problems that caused said break – it seemed a good idea to use them while they were still in their prime. Although I use the term “prime” loosely….I’m still skeptical.)
As in the past, the insertion was a bit sketchy. The serter got the sensor about half-way in and I had to manually push it in the rest of the way. Super fun.
Then, as (bad) luck would have it, my bloodsugar was well above where it should have been at the 2-hour calibration mark. So I took a correction bolus and waited to calibrate. Long story short, it took a while before I was comfortable doing a calibration, and even when I did, it wasn’t ideal timing, but I did finally get it calibrated.
So far it’s tracking not-too-badly. Pretty accurately, actually.
We’ll see how the night goes…and tomorrow… I’m cautiously optimistic.
To be continued…