A while ago there was something like this going around on Facebook, and I thought it was kind of fun. So, since this is still the “getting to know me” phase of this blog, I figured I’d post some random facts about me that might (or might not) give you a better picture of who I am!
1. If I could do anything I wanted to – all else being equal – I’d be a dancer. I’m an accountant. It’s not really the same thing at all.
2. In general, I’m not very comfortable in the water – but I tried white water rafting and loved it! That said, I’m still a bit scared to try it again.
3. I like filling out forms and surveys. I really don’t know why.
4. I like peanut butter and toast….with lettuce. This one disturbs a lot of people.
5. My most recurring dreams involve tornados, bears, and my teeth falling out. (Feel free to interpret this for me.)
6. I spent three months in France after university, and had a BLAST! I wish I could say I am now fluent in French, but I’ve lost a lot of it since my trip because I never use it.
7. When I was little I hallucinated monkeys all over the living room, and the Incredible Hulk walking down the street, thanks to low bloodsugar. Surprisingly the monkeys were far scarier.
8. I really dislike pepper. I think it ruins the flavour of the rest of my food and it looks like dirt.
9. I really like people who make me laugh.
10. My husband makes me laugh more than anyone else I know.
11. If I laugh hard enough, I’ll occasionally snort.
12. My favourite movie of all time is The Princess Bride. It makes me laugh.
13. I used to take karate classes, but had to quit when I got pregnant. I’d really like to go back, but I’m not sure if it’s going to fit in with my new priorities once I’m done maternity leave (i.e. spending time with my daughter).
14. When I was in grade 6, I starred as Teenie Tomato in the “hit” musical, Veggies & Dip. I started out green, but then I turned red by the end. Unfortunately, I sang two solos. Even more unfortunate is the fact that I have it on video.
15. Even though I’m diabetic, needles make me woozy. Not insulin shots or infusion set insertions or bloodtests, but anything else. I used to have to lie down when I got the flu shot or I’d pass out. Since my c-section, though, I’m not quite as wussy.
16. I’m still not willing to admit that I’m grown up.
17. I’ve never had a tooth filled. No cavities!
18. I live in constant fear that my right eye is going to bleed even though the retinopathy in that eye is stable. (It’s my left eye that’s messed up.)
19. I hate making small talk with people I haven’t seen in a long time. I’m talking about the “Hey, so what do you do now? What’s new since 1995?” Etc…etc… I really really hate it. Sometimes I’ll avoid people just to avoid the small talk.
20. Hearing a song from the past can bring back memories for me in a way that nothing else can. I’ve had to get rid of a number of CDs because of it. But now I sometimes wish I still had them.