12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
Unfortunately, and coincidentally, today’s 12 is going to be (yet again) another sick-day 12. I’ve come down with a nasty cold/flu and was unable to drag my sick ass into work this morning. I’m crossing my fingers for August – no more sick-day 12s! Ugh!
1. My buddy for the day. Thankfully they make some of the boxes somewhat attractive now. It’s alternate had a stupid bunny on it. Lame.
2. Breakfast: Balkan yogurt with pineapple and walnuts. It’s my yummy low-GI breakfast that keeps my bloodsugar from spiking first thing in the morning. It’s in a Ziplock container because I had made it the night before, thinking I’d be eating it at work today.
3. My Neti Pot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Today it didn’t. If you’ve never seen one before, let me tell you how it works: pointy end goes in one nostril, head is tipped to the side over the sink, water (a saline solution) goes in one side and (hopefully) out the other. It’s an uncomfortable process, but when it works it’s awesome. Today my nose was so plugged that it just ran down my throat. Yuck.
4. My teapot. (Not to be confused with my Neti Pot. Ouch!) I’m a hard-core tea drinker when I’m sick. Today’s tea was lemon.
5. I had brought my laptop home last night, so even though I was taking a sick day, I did do some work. These were sitting beside me at the table and distracting me. But really, who wouldn’t be distracted by cute buggy binoculars?!
6. Murphy napping in a sunbeam. I was jealous.
7. Lunch: mixed greens, leftover roast beef, red onion, red pepper, feta, pecans, blueberries and balsamic vinaigrette. Like my breakfast, it was also packed to be eaten at work.
8. I watched some TV at lunchtime, but the pictures I took of the TV screen had too much glare on them, so this picture of me holding the remote will have to do.
9. It was a gorgeous day, so I sat outside for a bit. This is our little vegetable garden. We’re growing beans (green and yellow), spinach, dill and asparagus. (Remember the asparagus seeds from last month?)
10. Sitting in my lounger in the sun reading my Women’s Health magazine. Mmm…salads! Love ‘em!
11. My sky. Love that blue!
12. I did the dishes after supper and had to take a picture of this beast. It’s a two-man Henckels, and it is fantastic!
That’s all. Time for this sicko to go to bed!