12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
And now here, a few days late (as usual), are my October 12!
1. It was my mom’s birthday last week, and since she and my dad were out of the country, I ended up sending her card a little late. Hopefully it made it there before she got home! These cute little butterflies were on the envelope. I love Papyrus cards!
3. Coffee. Decaf. (Because of the pregnancy.) I’m sometimes having coffee aversions, but I felt like one. The blah colour is due to my addition of CoffeeMate, since my pregnant digestive system seems to reject dairy when it’s in my coffee. WTH, digestive system?
5. You have no idea how excited I was about this sandwich. It had been about a year and a half since I’d brought a sandwich to work for lunch. My carb-management (and bloodsugar-spike management) always involves bringing a salad. At home I sometimes do sandwiches, because I’m usually on my feet in the afternoon, but the ass-sitting at work generally necessitates a salad. But there was leftover turkey from (Canadian) Thanksgiving. It required a sandwich. With a bit of 100% whole wheat Weight Watchers bread, I managed 15g (net) of carbs – plus the little bit in the tomato and mayo. And it was good. Sooooo good.
7. I have a Post-It problem. These are the notes I reuse on a regular basis, so I leave them on my cabinet for the next time I’ll need them, instead of rewriting them every time. That’s why they’re a bit dog-eared (i.e. the sticking and removing and re-sticking). I’m not going to explain what all of them mean. If you’re dying to know about one of them you can ask me.
8. We stopped for a couple of groceries on the way home and got caught in a torrential downpour. Unfortunately I missed getting a picture of the rain, so a picture of the groceries will have to do. (I should point out that I’m not a hard-core organic food eater. If you see this picture and come to expect this type of food comments/suggestions from me in the future, you’ll be disappointed. Sorry. They were the only available romaine hearts.)
9. This book used to be mine, but now my daughter has inherited it. When I was a kid I loved LOVED Curious George! But now as a parent, I’m finding these books (the old ones, anyway) to be a bit weird. The original one is basically about George being poached from the jungle by the Man With the Yellow Hat. Hmm….. The one pictured here isn’t so bad.
11. I’ve been eating a lot of these lately. My last pregnancy only came with heartburn in the 3rd trimester, but this one’s involved a lot in the 1st already. It makes me a bit worried for the 3rd (trimester, not pregnancy).
That’s all for this month’s 12!