So last month I was only one day late, but today I’m actually posting my 12 of 12 on the 12th! Wow! (Don’t expect it to ever happen again.)
12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
It’s another weekend 12 today, and I spent pretty much all day with my daughter, so it’s a bit kid-heavy (in spite of the fact that she’s not really in any of them…sort of). Here they are!
1. Reading the local paper this morning. Poor Japan. :( Thoughts and prayers are with those who have lost in this tragedy.
2. By this time we’d already been up for about an hour. I thought it was a bit too early for a Saturday, but the kid disagreed. I didn’t notice that the picture was blurry when I took it. I guess my eyes were still blurry too.
3. Breakfast – Balkan yogurt with pineapple. Plus my handy dandy food scale that helps me carb count! That was $40 well-spent! (The scale, I mean. The breakfast didn’t cost that much.)
4. My daughter loves Dora. This is a sleeping bag she got as a hand-me-down. I’m not sure it’ll ever be used as a sleeping bag, but it’s definitely getting a lot of use as a blanket (see another photo closer to the end for an example) and as a mat for playing “Ring Around the Rosy” with Mom and Dad or with her dolls. The other day she saw a picture of Strawberry Shortcake and said “Dora!!” It made me feel old.
5. This is my purse in preparation for going to the grocery store. It contains 2 diapers, bum wipes, anti-bac wipes, Cheerios in a non-spill snack cup, and my bloodsugar monitoring equipment. What’s in your purse?
6. Winnipeg experienced a blizzard last night. Good thing we weren’t planning a BBQ for today.
7. Some treats for me from the grocery store. Chocolate and cheese – my two favourites!
8. I recently bought these yoga socks online. They have rubber stickies on the bottom so as to be grippy. That way I can take them along when I travel instead of bringing my mat! They sure make my toes look stubby.
9. These are the gloves that go with the socks. They would make me feel kind of tough if they weren’t make of wool and didn’t have little rubber bumps all over the palms.
10. Taking the dog for a walk after the aforementioned blizzard. Ugh. It was a lot of trudging.
11. Dora makes another appearance. The kid is reading her book about 100 Words under the blanket. Sorry the picture’s so blurry…this was Take 4 already.
12. Yay for magnetic fridge letters!
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by!