I almost didn’t manage 12 of 12 this month. It was a busy day yesterday and a rough day too. My husband’s family had all been crashing at our house for the weekend because of (Canadian) Thanksgiving as well as my husband’s grandfather’s funeral, plus we had 2-3 viruses circling around adding to the chaos. As a result, most of my photos were taken either between 2:30pm and 4:00pm or between 9:00pm and 9:30pm. They aren’t especially creative, and for that I apologize. They also don’t really represent my day, but for that I don’t apologize – trust me, you don’t want representation of the rest of the day!
12 of 12 was created by Chad Darnell (you can find his website and a bunch of 12 of 12 links here), and has bloggers worldwide taking 12 photos throughout the day on the 12th day of each month.
If you missed them, you can check out my 12 of 12 for previous months here!
1. With one bed, one hide-a-bed, one air matress, one couch, and one twin mattress in use this weekend, plus our bed (with a flu-ridden husband in it) and my daughters crib…and all the towels that all those people use, we had a LOT of laundry to do yesterday. This is load #1 of….a lot.
2. For all the toys my daughter owns, the things she most likes to play with aren’t even toys. For example, this pie plate, left over from Thanksgiving dessert – pumpkin pie! It makes a great cymbal!
3. In the midst of all the chaos at our home in the last week, my lovely friend decided that I needed a pick me up and sent me these flowers! Lucky me! It worked!
4. My all-time favourite trail mix – Kirkland brand from Costco!
5. Our fridge full of leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner. We’re slowly making our way through them.
6. We live in the city, but are on the edge of a development, so we have a farmer’s field behind our house. Since my husband is a farm boy and I’m a town girl, we really love our country view!
7. In spite of being sick, we still needed groceries for us and for the little one. I wrote out this list yesterday and dragged myself to the grocery store this morning once my Advil kicked in. Baby food, sick food, and ingredients for the mother-of-all-sickfood…..turkey soup! (It’s cooling on the stove right now!)
8. Looks like my daughter’s “baby” partied a little too hard this weekend. From time to time we find her passed out behind the curtain like this, which makes me suspect that this doll has a bit of a wild streak.
9. We watched a PVR’ed episode of The Office last night, so I thought it appropriate to include a photo of bobblehead Dwight.
10. I was daydreaming about this all day…until about 9:30pm when I “hit that”. The pillow, I mean.
11. Work I had to bring home on this already-chaotic weekend. Bad timing.
12. I’m not usually into all the funky lipbalm flavours, but I got this one from my aunt and I have to admit I kind of like it!
That’s all for this month!